Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Honorable Mention



Recently I entered a quilt in The National Quilting Association in Columbus, Ohio. This is a big national quilt show-bigger than the Arizona Quilt show. I was so surprised to find out that I had won a honorable mention ribbon. I started this quilt three years ago. It is hand applique with batik fabrics on a pretty black background fabric that has rose designs through it. I had decided to do some heavy machine quilting around the applique designs using silk thread.
I had entered it in the Arizona Quilt Show in March and it did not win a ribbon I believe because of a mix up in which the quilt committee moved it to another category. The Cactus Patcher quilt group encouraged me to enter the quilt in another quilt show. I'm so glad I did. There is a lot of work in it and it appraises for $2000.00. Wow! Here are some links where my name is mentioned.
http://www.nqaquilts.org/2008show/ and http://www.nqaquilts.or/2008show/

4 comments:

Monica said...

Wow that is so beautiful I wish I had the cash I would gladly take off your hands HA HA GREAT JOB it is so pretty Monica

Yvette said...

Janice,
It is really beautiful! I cant imagine how long it took you to put that together.

Jackie said...

That is a beautiful quilt Janice! I wish I could sew like that, maybe some day though huh...ha ha probably not. Anyways It's beautiful!

Jackie said...

I tagged you on my blog. i fyou go to my blog it will give you instructions on what to do if you want to even do the tagged thing :)