Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Great Trip to Temple Square

Julie has been so great to me while I was sick, doing anything I asked of her, I decided she needed a reward. We went to Temple Square in Salt Lake City, Utah. What a great time the two of us had. We left Wednesday, November 19th and came back Sunday, November 23rd. We saw just about everything on Temple Square. I got a little tired each afternoon. Don't know if the Synthroid medicine has kicked in completely or if its still processing in my body. We saw "Savior of the World," a musical drama, in the Theater at the Conference Center. It was about the birth of Jesus and the events leading up to it and the events after his resurrection. The Church puts on spectacular events. We also saw "The Bells on Temple Square" at the Tabernacle. The orchestra and the bells were fabulous. The sound is great in the Tabernacle. Also we saw "The Spoken Word" with the Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra. It was great and so inspirational. Julie loved it and got very emotional. We also saw the Christos at the North Visitor Center. So beautiful and had a tour with the Sister Missionaries. I believe Julie would be a great sister missionary on Temple Square. She is not shy at all. We toured the Beehive House and ate at the Beehive Pantry. We also took a tour of the Conference Center and took several pictures of the views from on top of the Conference Center. There are all kinds of plants growing on the roof with a water fall starting on the top of the building. How spectacular looking at the temple and other sites from on top of the Center. We saw the "Joseph Smith Story" in the Joseph Smith Memorial building. We also listened to an organ recital in the Tabernacle. I also looked up a few family names at the Family History Center. I did get a little overwhelmed with all the books and films. Before we left on our trip, I got an email from a lady I did not know who is writing a book for a client which includes the name of my dad's father's second wife, Erna Fruedenberg Jordan Hall, and some interesting information about her. So while at the Family Search area in the Joseph Smith Memorial building, a sister missionary helped me find the 1900-1930 census' of her. She lived and married my grandfather in El Paso, Texas. By coincidence, this sister missionary was from El Paso. I think that was interesting. We had a very good time in Salt Lake. Our trip was great!


3 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow, Janice! You guys kept really busy. I can't believe you did all of those things in one trip. No wonder you were worn out! I love your beautiful pictures of the temple. Have a good Thanksgiving!

Jackie said...

Looks like you had a blast! I loved Utah when I got to visit there 2 years ago, it was amazing!

Liz said...

Julie is so sweet to take care of you in your time of need, and I know how much she loved her SLC trip with you. The pictures are fabulous.