Monday, June 29, 2009

Great News

I am so thrilled with the report from my doctor on the thyroid cancer I have. After 4 weeks on a no salt/iodine diet and no medication of synthroid, I had a blood test which was a cancer marker and a complete body scan. The cancer marker was very low and the scan was negative. The cancer is gone. I am so grateful for this. Thank you all who included me in your prayers.I am still recovering from the side effects of no medication for so long. It seems that it takes the nurses forever to order tests and get back the results so instead of 2 weeks for the diet and off meds, it turned out to be 4 weeks. I am still weak, tired and my poor hooded eyes are even more hooded and hanging on my eyelashes. I learned about the hooded eyes when Mary Hartmann and I attended a Mary Kay glamour workshop. We both have hooded eyes. Up close you can see the puffiness of my eyes and my cheeks and hands are puffy. My eyes are now dripping and running. I guess the swelling is beginning to go down although my eyes still feel heavy. I had horrible cramping in my feet and legs and went to bed with a heating pad every night to relax them. I found some dried apricots with no salt that are good for potassium so that helped. I ate so healthly but now I can eat anything. I'm still going to eat some surgary things but try to stay away from delibertly eating chocolate, candy, pies, cakes and cookies and hope that will help with IBS I have. I am on the mend but still have a few weeks before I'm really up to par. If it took me 4 weeks to get in the position I'm it, it will probably take that long to really feeling good and up to par. But the good news out weighs the bad. The picture of me was taken at the Mary Kay Glamour Workshop. Actually the picture was before we did any glamour. I really think I looked better before the glamour than after so I'm not showing the after picture. So much - for glamour. Mary looked great afterward!

3 comments:

Yvette said...

Congratulations Janice! I'm so happy for you! I thought about you often the last week or so, but was unsure how to help, so sorry. But I'm so thankful that the cancer is gone

Mary said...

Hi Janice,
I'm so glad to hear about your good news!! You must be feeling a little better if you are blogging. I think you face is lovely just the way it is. It's OK not to be a glamor girl, I think it is overrated.
It's a flannel back table cloth you want to use as a design wall. Have fun playing with your One Block Wonder when you get to it.

Liz said...

Thats fantastic news!!!