Friday, February 26, 2010

The Bride Is Finished


I finally finished the third block of the Civil War Quilt. This is the bride herself. At some time I should add a face to her. I wonder what happened to the groom. There is no block with just him or both of them in it. Some quilters have added a groom to their quilt. They made him look like a farmer. I haven't decided to do that. This bride must live on a farm though with all the plants, apples and cherries. Now on to the next block which includes grapes and a bird. (Little circles for grapes, how fun.)

I have been doing other things. I have been working on the Latte quilt and have seven blocks embroidered. I'm learning the stitches on my sewing machine and have a block finished for the Stitchers Garden and two blocks finished for the Block Party quilt. Plus a made a Valentine Table Topper and I'm finishing up an Easter table topper. I will show them soon.

1 comments:

Mary said...

Jan,
It look wonderful!!!