Monday, August 11, 2008

Just Released

Sunday I was released from the ward's Relief Society Presidency. I enjoyed the last year and a half, learned a lot, got to know more sisters in the ward, did some service and taught too many lessons. I'm just kidding about that. Teaching was one thing we all didn't enjoy. But now I am tickled pink. You should have seen me after I was told our presidency was going to be released. Jerry said I was smiling ear to ear.
I have been called as a Family History Consultant. I love family history besides sewing. Sunday after the release, we came home and as usual took a short nap. I dreamed. My great-great grandfather, William Ernest Lipps was there so it seemed although I didn't see him. We had communicated somehow and I got a reply from him. Someone in New York had received a paper from him all folded up. I could hardly wait to see what was on it. When it was unfolded there was a picture of a man, no one I had seen before and it wasn't William Lipps. There were other papers but the phone rang and I woke up. Now is that a coincidence about being a family history consultant or not? Anyway, I thought that was pretty interesting. Jerry told me to continue my dream that night. But it didn't happen. Here is a picture of William Ernest Lipps 1824-1909.

4 comments:

Monica said...

That is great I'm sure you will be AWESOME at it. Good job

Yvette said...

Congratulations! My dad told me you were getting released and that you couldnt wait! I'm happy for you! That sounds like a cool dream. Now I'm curious to who he was telling you to look for too. Let me know if you figure it out.

Kristin said...

I had fun reading your blog. It is fun to see the cute pictures of the dogs and of the beautiful quilt and fun towels you are making. I know you will do a great job in your new calling! And we don't have to teach anymore... Yea! :)

Liz said...

You guys were great teachers!
That is a really neat dream, keep us updated and the best of luck with family history. Call me if you need anything. I do have ancestry.com if you need to use it.