Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sweatshirt Jacket



Here it is almost summer and I am making a sweatshirt jacket. This was the project for Pfaff Club the last two months. We had to take apart a sweatshirt and add whatever fabric and designs we wanted. I saw this oval design, something like a drunkards path, and decided to use it. Then at the Arizona Quilt Show I found some red and black fat quarter fabric and decided to use them on the body of the sweatshirt. I also found some fabric that looked like leather. I cut this into 1/2" strips and sewed them down the seam lines. I put back on the ribbing around the neck, sleeves and bottom. I think it turned out pretty good. I just can't wear it now until next fall.

1 comments:

Mary said...

Jan,
It looks very nice!! Too bad that little cool spell we had two days ago didn't wait for you to finish!