Monday, January 4, 2010

Civil War Bride


I decided to work on an applique quilt and since the 150th celebration of the Civil War is coming, I thought I'll make a quilt with 1800 fabric. Now this will take some time. I found a site Civil War Bride and was so impressed with the blocks. I had started collecting a few 1800 fabric to begin with and just added so more fabric. I see now that this is definitly not enough and will have to start collecting more.

Here is my little collection of Civil War fabric-fat quarters and 5" squares.

See the little pink box in the back of the picture. I made several of these for my visiting teachers. It was so much fun to embroider although it took more than 4 hours of embroidering each one. But they make a nice place to put that extra special piece of jewelery in.



The first block is done. I can see that I need a lot more green fabric. This makes for good TV hand work in the evening. I almost have block two finished and will show it soon.

0 comments: