Saturday, December 27, 2008

Old Project

I started making this snowman quilt top many years ago. I found the pattern when visiting in Las Vegas when I went with Jerry to a trade show. In fact I think I visited every quilt shop in Las Vegas instead of watching people gamble. I did walk the convention center with Jerry one day. The only problem I had was walking with the wrong shoes on. My feet were so sore and tired. Anyway I got the cute pattern and embroidered the snow men (redwork). That took a year or so and then I found another pattern to put the quilt together when I went with Jerry to a SSA Convention in Tucson. I think I went to every quilt store I could find in Tucson. Anyway, I appliqued what I call snowflakes (they're really leaves)on red fabric and got them finished this month. After Christmas I put all the blocks together. I think the top turned out pretty cute but bigger than I expected. I plan to hand quilt it. We'll see.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Janice,
Your project looks great! Your new background looks nice also. Are you doing the Red Delicious BOM?

Yvette said...

The quilt looks beautiful! I especially love all of the material you chose

Jackie said...

Janice I love your quilting! You are such an amazing job on every quilt that you do. I love this quilt and the colors are wonderful.