Friday, March 13, 2009

New Red Delicious Block


I finished the block for last month of the Red Delicious BOM. The new one will be coming out in a few days. I fused the pieces together and used a new technique to sew the edges. I found this on Patsy Thompson's web site. She uses what she calls EKG embroidery. It is really free motion sewing around the edges with varying sizes of v's or EKGs as she calls them.
I don't know if I've done them right but thought I would try this tecnique for something new. This is the Peony flower in a vase. Now that I look at the finished block, I wish I had used some different thread colors on the vase. But it will have to do. Picking out those little stitches if almost impossible.
Here is a close up of the peony flower.

2 comments:

Mary said...

This looks marvelous!! I love your shades of red.

Liz said...

i love all the different colors of red fabric.
Janice I can't remember if I invited you and Julie to my blog that is private. Email me at lizwhitehorn@cox.net for an invite if you are interested.