Friday, May 21, 2010

A digitized dandelion made with fringe

This months digitizing lesson was making fringe for a dandelion flower. The leaves went very well for me even though there are a lot of points and narrow areas. But the fringe on the flower was a challenge. I had to stitch out the flowers multiple times. The density was a problem and then the bobbin thread which pulled the yellow thread was not even. I finally found a workable density although I think the fringe should be thicker. I ran my machine slowing so there were no hitches there and the underside looked a little better. Here are some pictures of the sew out:
This is the stitch out of the leaves.

Here is the stitch out of the first and second flower.

Here is cutting the bobbin thread on the back side so the yellow thread can be released to make the fringe.
On the front the yellow thread has to be pulled out to make the fringe.
And finally the end result, two fringed dandelion flowers. Not too bad I say so myself. Whew, it done.

0 comments: