Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Visit with My Sister from Florida

Its been 5 years since I saw my sister but this week she was here in Arizona. We spent two days together. She and her husband, Jim, drove their RV from Mt. Dora (near Orlando) Florida clear across the United States. Their first stop was in Bisbee. This is where we grew up. I am 8 years older than her so she lived there longer than me since I left home and went to ASU and then to teach in California.
She loves Mexican food. There is no good Mexican food in Florida. So the first night we went out to eat. My brother lives here and Vicki was here last when my brother's wife died in 2005. Vicki and Jim brought their two little dogs Kathy and Allie. You should have seen them with my dogs. There was alot of barking but finally they all got use to each other and there was quiet. We spent alot of time reminiscing about growing up and things that happened in Bisbee. Boy does time pass by quickly. It seems just like yesterday when we all made a trip to Bisbee. My father was still alive and we went to visit the home we grew up in. The present owners let us inside the house and we had so much fun remembering the things we did in that house. We left the house laughing and giggling and got in our car and drove off. Then all of a sudden we remembered we left Dad out in the street by the house. He was waving his cane in the air. Boy, was that a fun day. Growing up in a small mining town in the 50's was really good.

1 comments:

Yvette said...

It was fun to see them, wasn't it.