Monday, July 14, 2008

Cactus Patchers Auction Quilt


My friend, Mary, from Cactus Patchers volunteered us to put together the Fall Getaway Quilt to be auctioned off in September. The theme has to do with pirates and treasury. We thought this quilt titled Bermuda Triangle would be appropriate for the theme. Here we are putting up the individual blocks we previously sewed, on Mary's design wall. It looks complicated and a little confusing. Can you see the stars and the secondary design and how the colors progress from light to dark? We used batiks in blues, purples and greens. I think it has a calming effect just as the ocean can be. We still have the borders to add. Then when we get it all together Mary will do the quilting on her Pfaff Grand Quilting machine and I will do the binding. We have to have it finished by the middle of August so it can be displayed in our Cactus Patcher's meetings and start collecting tickets. I think everyone will like it. I'll show a picture when it is all finished. This is a sneak preview.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

You are so talented Janice and your friend is to! I hope someday I will have time to quilt like you do! It is beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Wow. That is a pretty quilt. I like the colors and pattern. I am always so amazed by people who can quilt. You do a beautiful job!