Friday, July 25, 2008


The last few days I have been working on genealogy. I have been checking my submissions with the new.search.org site. It has been very time consuming and confusing keeping tract of all the families and their spouses and parents. I had to merge some families and add a few. I have been doing this only for the Lipps line on my father's side. My dad's grandfather, William Ernst Lipps, came from Gottsburen, Germany as a stow away on a ship in 1838. He married and ended up in Gonzales, Texas and raised 10 children. I have gone through the families of all 10 children and then did the Lipps line back to 1601. I am so grateful for the genealogy work that a cousin in Germany did. Without his effort, this line would have ended with just the 10 children. Then I'm grateful for the temple work my brother did for the men and for the temple work my stake did to get this work done.
Read about William Ernst Lipps and his families on my website, http:www.downthehallway.com. I really have an interesting family. Genealogy is addicting.

0 comments: