Friday, January 23, 2009

House Cleaning

I've decided to start spring cleaning early. With the start of a new year doesn't that seem appropriate? Julie has been such a big help. We started with the living room. Now the living room wasn't real dirty to begin with but there are several things I wanted to do. Firstly, I made the drapes last year but didn't get them to hang just right. They kinda flared out at the bottom. So I did what the sewing book said to do and pleated them using sandwich paper I got from Fry's delicatessen area. That paper works great for quilting designs and anything that needs tracing.
I got a couple of inchs high amount for $2.00. Its quite large also.
We also washed the inside of the windows. The cleaning lady wants to charge $100.00 to do the inside and outside windows. Wow, I know she needs income but right now I do to. I'll do it myself. We cleaned the carpet and dusted everything real good. Julie even cleaned out the curio. It was pretty dusty.
Next we'll tackle the kitchen.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I'm doing the same thing over at my house. Its amazing how much maitenance around the house can build up. I just tackled our amazingly cluttered garage.
Also I've gone private and would love to invite you, email me your address at lizwhitehorn@cox.net

Yvette said...

Good for you guys! I've been trying to do the same thing at my house also. It's a never ending process. Dont ya think? Thanks for all of the kind things you said about me on my blog. I appreciate it