Friday, January 2, 2009

Red Delicious Block of the Month


I decided to do the Red Delicious Block of the Month. You can see a link to it on my side bar. I'm just getting caught up so have the first two block partly done. I decided to use only fabrics in my stash. I have some reds collected from several other quilts I made and red fabric I have gotten here and there. I hope I have enough. I've fused the design on a background because they looked so intricate to do needle turn. So I haven't decided how to sew the design to the background - either zig zag with monofillamont thread or just use a plain stitch close to the edges of the designs. Give me your ideas. I know a lot can be done to embellished each design. But I think I'll wait until a few more designs come out to decide on the embellishment.

1 comments:

Mary said...

Your Red Delicious Blocka look lovely. How about a button hole stitch on the edges of the pieces? It is my favorite stitch.